Saturday, April 23, 2011

Oh my gosh, I'm so tired.

I've been sick most of this week. Nothing to write home about, but no time to recoup. I'm still sick and was hoping to use the weekend to recover enough to handle 2 jobs, a house, a 2yr old and a husband. However, for some strange reason hubby has decided we need to do Easter this year. Why? I'm not sure, but it has totally ruined my recouping schedule-ya know, sleep, sleep some more, eat, pee, sleep again. Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Instead I've spent the day grocery shopping, cleaning house and directing hubby on what food to prepare today. I'm not handling any of the food thankfully, I just don't want to risk anyone getting sick as I am. This doesn't mean I'm out of the kitchen though. Hubby isn't the world's best cook so I need to be right there in case he has any questions and to redirect when he's about to add 1Tbsp baking soda instead of the 1tsp the recipe calls for, lol. Everything we can get done today is done, except for hard boiling eggs to dye. Oddly, I'm not looking forward to it. That used to be my favorite part of Easter as a kid, even more than the candy (well, almost).  It's probably just because I don't feel well, but all I can think is "even more to clean up".

There's still some clean up that needs done and we have to drag some chairs out of storage for guests. I'm just really not looking forward to tomorrow. Unless of course I miraculously get better overnight. Why anyone wants to come over and potentially catch my plague is beyond me.

To everyone else not sick this strange holiday, Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment